Thursday, August 23, 2007

Paperwork Galore

This month, and a good part of last, have been VERY busy. Did I mention that I need a vacation?

We enjoyed our time with Papa. He left yesterday at noon. I have a feeling, though, that he may enjoy the quiet of home after the general chaos of grandchildren!

I've also been kept very busy working on paperwork. If I could, I would avoid paperwork all of my born days, but -- alas -- it is a necessary evil. Especially now.

Paperwork galore:

1) Forms and tests for for Kylie, Kade and Konner to enroll them in Georgia Virtual Academy. All the paperwork that I started early last month for the three that I put in public school, I'm having to do all over again for the little kids, only I'm running out of time to get it all done -- this involves immunization forms, earn/vision/dental certification, written and on-line placement tests, calls to GVA, and just general confusion. We're supposed to start the school year on Sept. 4, and there are forests of trees giving their all so we can get the paperwork done.

2) Then, there's Keri Lynn's paperwork, reports, appointment schedules to make sure everything is still going okay in her little noggin. I've been sorely negligent with this with all of the excitement of the beginning of school and our company. I did finally call the pediatrician this week to let him know that she had had an accident . . . uh . . . a month ago. And I've finally located the paperwork from the hospital so that I can more intelligently make appointments with the neurologist and cardiologist.

3) Then, we're laying out our financial guts to various creditors as we do the money shuffle to finance the repair of our bedraggled van. We finally decided that it was indeed cheaper to fix the transmission than to (sniff, sniff) get a newer car.

4) And did I mention all of the homework I've been involved with? The first kid doesn't straggle home until about 3:45, and then Keva at about 3:50 and then the oldest kids at about 4:30, and each with enough homework to keep them busy for four or five hours a night. I'm sure they'll all be able to get it done faster as they get used to it, but for now, it's not getting done until at least 10:00 PM. Papers, pens, pencils, erasers and 3x5 cards galore!

5) Oh, and very interestingly, I've come across, where I'm going to see if they'll accept me as a on-line tutor! If I do get to do this, I can work right here from home on my trusty computer, and pick my own hours and hopefully pump up our general income. This little endeavor, though, involves a ton of on-line "paper"work. However, if it works out, it may very well be worth it. Thank you all for continuing to pray for us regarding a job for me.

Now, I think it's time for a moment of silence for the trees that have given their all for the cause of our household . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

Thank you.

No comments: