Thursday, August 30, 2007

Headache

I had a sinus headache most of the day yesterday. It had gotten so bad that by late morning, I'd pretty much decided to stay home from church that evening. I finally decided to take a nap and rested for about 90 minutes. By the time I woke up, I was feeling quite a bit better. So, I pulled out all the stops to get us all to church.

Now this is quite a feat when we still do not have the van operating. Getting to Wednesday nights have turned into a series of phone calls and queries to arrange for transportation. And yesterday, with only about 45 minutes before departure, I started calling around. YES, I could borrow the neighbor's car (that seats five) and YES, the pastor's wife could take three or four in her car. And just like that, we were all on our way. Whew!

It was nice to get out and see people! With our van down and the kids so busy with school work and me feeling out of sorts all week long, it was a special treat to just be out and about. I even took the borrowed car around the back of Phase 2 of our neighborhood to see if there were any new houses going up. I will SO ENJOY getting my own wheels again . . . some day!

Today, my head is still throbbing. It's not incapacitating, like a migraine, but it sure does slow me down. I'm trying to drink lots of water to moisten all of those lovely passages. My ears are still stuffed up, too, which is what's probably causing the headache.

The big kids and I were talking on the way home last night. It's hard to believe that they're almost done with their fourth week of school! Everyone seems to be getting into the grove, but the grove is hard. So far, though, I'm not sorry to see them in school. Occasionally, I do feel bad for them for things that they now face. Kristofer told me that he has now heard every single bad word known to mankind, and that truly makes me sad. They are each amazed at how far so many kids go to fail in school. (There are so many hurting kids out there.) But we keep the channel of communication wide open when they get home. Everyone gathers around the breakfast table where they throw down stuffed backpacks. Then we just talk. Each has a story to tell every day and I'm so glad to be home to listen. And I'm so proud of each of them, for the effort that they're putting out and for the testimony that they give for Jesus.

Next week, Walking in Joy starts -- that's the women's Bible study. I'm SO EXCITED! There is nothing more refreshing than meeting with other Christian women to study God's Word. I'm still not sure how it's going to work with our schooling schedule or whatever work I end up doing, but I'm going to make it work! And, I'm still not sure how I'm actually going to get there yet! Or if any arrangements have been made for childcare for the three kids. All up in the air! But it will work out.

No comments: