Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I love drugs

This post probably falls under the TMI rule. Just warning you.

It's probably a good thing that I haven't gotten a sub job in the last two days. I've been staying close to the toilet lately with a UTI. Haven't had that kind of fun in a while. In fact, the last time I had to deal with a UTI, over-the-counter drugs weren't available for it. I had to go to the doctor, which seemed such a waste of time when I knew exactly what the problem was. This time, I was talking to Keva's bus driver, because those are just the sort of things we talk about when I'm putting Keva on the bus, "Say, do you know if you can get drugs over-the-counter for a bladder infection? Or is it just for a yeast infection that you can get drugs now?" She knew, of course. Who needs a doctor these days!

So I got my drugs. Yay! I may be okay to go work tomorrow. I don't know. I already feel better from the drugs. I wonder how much of it is psychological?

Everyone seems to have fallen into a rythmn for school already, except for this morning. The alarm clock went off, as it seems to be doing so relentlessly these days. I got up and dragged myself off to the laundry room to get some clothes for Keva, when I get a whiff of something pretty stinky.

Kathleen was up, "Kody pooped in the bathroom. You gotta see."

I waved her away, "Don't worry, I can smell it."

I then did the only thing possible for such really stinky messes. I woke up Keith who had at least 15 more precious minutes of sleep left.

"Is he in his crate so he doesn't track poop all over the house?"

I looked at him stupidly, as only I can do at 6:15 in the morning, "Uh, no."

So I went back to the family room and told Kathleen to put Kody in his crate, and then went about my business getting Keva ready for school while Keith got to work on the Kody mess. But, as they say, what comes around, goes around. Keva was stinky, too. What a way to start off a morning.

Open House for the elementary school kids is Thursday night. I'll go, of course, provided I'm not having to stay close to a bathroom by then. It seems kind of early for Open House, but no one from the school called to plan this date with me. (Don't they know I always have some kind of opinion?!?)

I'm a little feisty today.

I think it's because I'm working off of five to six hours of sleep every night for nearly a week. Tonight, I've promised myself that I will be in bed by 10:00ish. I'm not going near the TV. It sucks me in with all of that competitive Olympic stuff.

I could have taken a nap today, but I watched some more TV in the morning, and then finished watching the movie Bella that we got from Netflix while I kept the hungry washing machine fed on the hour. Remember all the hype surrounding that movie last year? It was touted as a big anti-abortion movie, but really it's a very beautiful movie of redemption. It's tone reminded me of The Black Stallion, with its slow but deep rhythm and its rich cinematography. I was really impressed with it. If you haven't seen it, please do, and let me know what you think. Or if you have seen it, what did you think?

Okay, now I have 14 minutes to take my shower, dry my hair and climb into bed . . . I did say 10:00ish.

No comments: