Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kade and Kylie's baptism

Kylie at her dressing room door. Check out the cute jumper.

The baptismal pool is just down the hall from the dressing rooms, right at the front of the church behind the choir loft.

Kade, Katherine and Kylie. Don't you just love Katherine's dimples! She's the same age as Kade, and Kade is the same age as Keri Lynn was when she got baptized, only it seems to me that Keri Lynn was a lot older! Then, there's Kylie, who is such a little thing, but she's two years older than the other two.

Kade is all ready and just a tad nervous. He's got a hankerchief in his hand to put over his mouth and nose so that when he gets dunked, water doesn't go up his nose.
The girls with Miss Brenda, our children's ministry director. She has got such a huge heart for kids and does double duty as an elementary school teacher as well as children's minister.

Kylie makes her declaration of faith and is baptized. The pastor said, "I baptize you, my little sister, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
Then Kade had his turn . . .
We were all very proud, getting the opportunity to stand for him in a precious moment of identity with Christ.

4 comments:

Waynel Walker said...

How very precious - I love the pastor's words. . .I baptise you my little sister. . ." how very wonderful - sort of an acceptance into the Kingdom on earth by the pastor, "my little sister." Ahh, I cried. I miss being there. Kade, I missed being there. . .but, I'm there in spirit - Kylie, I missed being there to see you, but I'm there in spirit. Grandpa, too. XXOO

Pen of Jen said...

incredible! I love the youth, and am pleased at their decision..it is so worth it:)

Jackie said...

The church provided us with DVDs of the baptism! We got copies to send to family, so you'll be able to see it live. : )

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures...