Friday, October 26, 2007

I've got a job!

It finally happened. I got a call last night at 8:30 from someone at Ross. She asked me a few questions and then told me I could come in for an interview today at 12:30. So, I did. I felt like I was interviewing for CEO. The manager of the store normally conducts the interview, but she was training an assistant manager, and several other manager types were in and out, and I was in and out, first filling out a questionnaire, then talking to an assistant, then back waiting in the break room again, then brought back out to the hallway where I was told that I could come for the orientation Sunday at 12:00.

I'm hired! Now, it is part-time, seasonal work, at a whopping $6.75 an hour. I have no idea what my schedule is going to be, just that it's going to be about 20 hours a week, but they seem willing to work with me with my time frame of being home during dinner time with the kids, and for Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I may work some evenings, 8:00 to midnight, which actually might work very well for our family's schedule.

And then, I'm hoping to get a second job somewhere else. I don't know how it's all going to work and I wish I had better pay, but $6.75 is better than $0.00, I figure. Plus, it's a good segue type job as I move into teaching. While building up the substitute teacher hours, I can be working at Ross, and the seasonal work goes all the way into January.

Now, I've got to go find some really good shoes and I've got to lose weight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,well,well. I am happy for you. Yes, better pay would go a long way, but having something on your resume might be even better.
Hang in there.
Careful budgeting could make that extra money go a long way and things could improve over time. You always have to take the long view and not be hasty.
Blessing on the whole crew.
June

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job. God has blessed you with this source of income. I will continue to Pray for a pay increase. Ross is a large company and I am confident that you will work your way up the lather.

Pen of Jen said...

Hip hip hurray...I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Jackie!

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, praise the Lord!!!
I know that is not the best pay, BUT you don't have to pay a sitter! It is only seasonal, so that gives you time to work out the subbing details. Awesome!

You need to enter for my Quelf giveaway, your family is as crazy as mine and would love it!