Monday, February 05, 2007

Dieting Daze

Today, I began a diet/exercise plan. It's real easy -- 500 calories a meal, three meals a day, with a snack if needed and a 45 minute walk each day. I'm not writing the calories down, just mentally calculating it.

I guess my goal is to start eating and moving like a skinny person. If you're a skinny person reading this and have some tips, feel free to email or comment on the blog. What I'm really interested in seeing is an average day -- what you eat and how you exercise on any given day. I am especially interested in hearing from taller skinny women. I'm 5'9", so if you're 4'3" and skinny, I really don't want to hear from you. Kidding! Kidding!

I took some pictures this morning -- up close -- and then full body front, back and side. Those pictures were pretty scary. I'm going to take pictures each Monday wearing the same thing in the same poses to chart my progress. I tend to lose weight pretty fast when I start any kind of diet program, so I'm expecting some results soon. But I want to keep going this time. I don't want to quit out of a feeling of deprivation. Thus, the above Plan.

Already, I'm feeling positive results just from my walk today. I've got the extra energy that I get from having just moved off the couch. The walk, though, was COLD! C - O - L - D !!!! It had to be about 40 degrees and windy. My cheeks were frozen solid. My ears stayed warm because I had my earphones covering them to listen to my book on tape. My eyes didn't water too much because of my sunglasses. And my hands stayed warm in my pockets, but tomorrow will be big winter jacket, beanie, gloves and maybe a scarf. Tomorrow I will not return home as a Momsycle -- that's what the kids called me.

No comments: