Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote!

Don't forget to VOTE, everybody! I'm still getting tons of campaign material from California. I have to say, California has THE most exciting political hubbub! Still, wherever I vote, I pretty much use the same method: Vote for all of the Republicans (unless one is particularly disgusting) and vote against most bond/tax measures.

Keith tried to vote early before going to work, but there was a huge line. He's not going to get another chance today and is bummed about it. The voting place is way out there in the middle of nowhere at a fire station.

Kade came walking out of Kylie and Kathleen's room, sobbing.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" I asked.

"I'm a boy and Kylie's a girl!"

"Umm, Oh," I said, and thought to myself, "Isn't that the crux of the matter!"

Kylie is doing quite well with her unobstructed nose. Whenever I ask her about it, she gives me a beautific smile and breathes!

Keri Lynn remembered a babysitting job that she has tonight, so we rescheduled her ortho appointment for next Wednesday/Thursday. She'll come in Wednesday morning, have the appointment Wednesday at 1:00 PM, and leave for the airport sometime Thursday morning. This hopefully will be her second to last ortho appointment. Her smile is so sweet.

Last night, I dropped off Keri Lynn and Kathleen to see a musical at Newnan High School. Keri Lynn has several friends from the youth group in it. It was a Dr. Seuss musical. The writers blended a whole bunch of Dr. Seuss books and put it to music. I would have liked to see it, but decided it was best that Kristofer not stay home with the rest of the kids for too long on his own.

When I picked up Keri Lynn and Kathleen afterward, they talked about all the fun Dr. Seuss characters and were surprised at how familiar I was with them. Who did they think read them all those Dr. Seuss books, anyway? I was able to recite one of their favorite books to them from The Foot Book:

(excerpts:)

Left foot, left foot, left foot, right
Feet in the morning, feet at night
Left foot, left foot, left foot, right . . .
Up in the air feet, over a chair feet
Here come 24 four feet
Here come more and more and more feet!
In the house and on the street,
My, how many, many feet you meet!

And then there is the line that Keith and I use after we say a particularly simplistic statement (which we do very rarely, of course!):

"I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I am!"

No comments: