Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to Business

Mondays.

A fresh start.

We're back to our routine after a visit from family (So nice to see Mom and Rich and Lola and Gabe), several rounds of coughs and colds, Thanksgiving, and a full week of vacation for Keith from work and for the rest of us from school. Even Keva had the full Thanksgiving week off.

Whew!

I'm tired!

Nevertheless, I've gotten back to business. Keri Lynn started one of three dishwasher loads for the day. I'm on the third of about 12 loads of laundry that need to be done. We're just finishing up lunch, so clean-up of the house will commence shortly. I'm plugged into my latest book on tape. And I've got a dozen plans for the rest of the day stored haphazardly in my head -- mostly having to do with bills, filing, room organization.

For vacation, we stayed at home and relaxed. I think this was an especially important rest for Keith who has been working very hard for quite a few months on his two-job schedule. His last vacation from Delta was only his second week on his new job at AAA Cooper. That timing was very important and allowed him to survive that first tough month.

We celebrated Thanksgiving just us. I got a smaller turkey this go-around. When we ate pie later on in the day, we all got comfortable in the family room to watch the Pixar movie, Cars. I hadn't seen it yet, so the kids kept interrupting to tell me, "Watch this, Mommy! This part's funny!" Then, when the kids were in bed, Keith and I settled back to watch The Matrix. It was definitely one of those days where you just sit back, breath out a big sigh, and appreciate the many blessings of life.

We needed that rest, because the very next day it was OFF TO THE RACES as we began Christmas shopping, cleaned up things around the house, and buying shoes for kids. We took over Payless for a couple of hours. (Got to love BOGO!) And left with 16 pairs of shoes and three purses for $180. Not bad, I say, considering three of the kids are wearing adult-sized shoes at adult pricing. We shouldn't need shoes again for another, oh, four months at least!

Then, yesterday, we attempted a family picture at the fireplace. We decided to do it ourselves so that we could have Kody in the picture. (Places that photograph family pets are not places that we can afford!) Anyway, with ironing, dress-up, and mayhem, we completed that job before running off for The Greening of the Church. The Annie Moses Band performed as well. WOW! They were AMAZING! Once again, I really would like to learn the violin. Such a beautiful soulful instrument.

I suppose I should get back to my responsibilities! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

Oz said...

Time to crack the whip!!!!