Friday, November 10, 2006

Colds and Misery

I slept fitfully last night. I'm sure that when I was sleeping I was snoring like a locomotive. Keith wasn't bothered since he was having his own troubles sleeping. We're all sick -- every last one of us -- in varying degrees -- with a cold. 'Tis the season!

We figure we'll be at our apex of misery just about the time that Mom and Rich and Connie's kids come for their visit. We'll pick them up from the airport tomorrow night and cough all over them, first thing. Then we'll take them home to our germ infested house to completely finish them off. I'll cook. Should be loads of fun. Then, by the time we see them off on Wednesday morning, they should be good and sick for their drive to Wisconsin.

Sigh.

I was exhausted when I put Keva on the bus and decided to "call in sick" for homeschool. The good news is that Keva is feeling better, so those who don't get ear infections or bronchitis should pull through fairly quickly. As soon as everyone was settled in with breakfast and Keith had dragged his poor body out the door, I went back to bed and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Then, when I woke up to the sounds of "Kody peed in the hallway!" I got up and called the pediatrician.

Our regular pediatrician wasn't in, but a stand-in doctor saw us right away. I brought in the two sickest -- Kylie the Cough-o-matic and Konner the Snotster. The doctor couldn't have been more than 4 1/2 feet and looked about 12 years old, but the pharmacy accepted her prescription, so I'm guessing she's legit. I'm supposed to give Kylie a nebulizer treatment every night and spray both of their noses with some medicine for the congestion.

After the pharmacy, I gave in to Taco Bell cravings, having not had breakfast yet, and brought home food for the starving minions for lunch. Kody right away decided to sample some of Kylie's nachos which she had foolishly left on a stool. (Sometimes we have to learn wisdom the hard way.) They are finishing up while I type away.

After everyone is done eating, we'll head off to the park for a homeschool Park Day that we've all been looking forward to all month. Park Day is usually twice a month, but last time we were rained out. We've only been to this gathering once, and today the weather is GORGEOUS! And the trees amazing. Hopefully we won't cough on too many people while there or we're going to hear a buzz when we come next time, "There's THAT family that made us so sick last time!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our house.