Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Make the Runaway Train Stop!

I'm having a hard time believing that November is coming to a close. That means that December is right around the corner, and perhaps there is a reason why Christmas decorations have been popping up all over the place and schedules are so full.

Keri Lynn and Kristofer are going to a youth weekend event at the church. Five of the kids will be participating in their Christmas choir program on Sunday. We've been invited to a neighbor's Christmas party. We're also supposed to go to a family night at our church on Saturday night. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to be working on the Christmas letter . . . HA! . . Make the runaway train stop!

This morning, I went to the end of the semester Bible study/Christmas party. I was looking for a place to sit with my Christmas brunch plate, when the Bible study leader saw me, called for me to join her at her table and introduced me to another lady as "the one who asks all those HARD questions." I've been SO IMPRESSED by how she has taught Revelation. That book is not exactly the easiest book to present, especially in our Left Behind Tribulation mentality.

Keith calls me his "little heretic wife" because I've got some off-the-beaten-path ideas in interpreting Revelation. The biggie being that I don't believe that the church will be raptured. I think that all of the text that would support rapture better supports simply Christ's Second Coming and the ushering in of the millennium. I also don't believe that Israel will be singled out in the end times, but that it represents the church in general, in that there are no longer Jews or Greeks, circumcised or uncircumcised -- we're all in it together! ANYWAY, I LOVE to debate these issues and I LOVE to talk about Old Testament and New Testament connections. God's Word is amazing! So rich.

I've recently discovered dictionary.com when I was checking on the definition of a word I wanted to use.. This is such a cool site. They'll send you a word for the day and I'm hoping to get some good use out of it, maybe even use it for the kids' school, as well.

No comments: