Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Thousand Bibles

Driving home from the library this afternoon, Kylie, commenting on some "problem kids" in the neighborhood, "We need to get them a Bible!" she said, and paused . . "Maybe a thousand Bibles!"

Hmmm.

Anyway, we had a hard time getting it together today. I let the kids watch a movie last night after we got back from church, so they didn't get to bed until 10:00. As a result, surprisingly, they're crabby today. Keri Lynn is trying to get over a cold, too. Kylie is starting to cough again. And when I went for a check-up today, my blood pressure was high -- enough for the doctor to up my prescription. THAT was really depressing.

I suppose I'm going to have to get back to my walking regiment and maybe even counting some calories. Earlier this year, I did what I do quite regularly. I set up lofty goals and, shockingly enough, didn't meet them. What I really need to do is go for the smaller more attainable goals and head forward not back. The problem with this "tortoise" mentality is that it takes a lot more discipline than just getting it all done in one speeding glorious shot. Sigh.

1 comment:

Oz said...

Or you could use the Oz weight loss system:

1) Drink only water
2) No fries
3) No seconds
4) Walk three times a week