Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Politics

I'm a little down today about the elections. It looks to me that the Republicans have not only lost the Congress but the Senate as well. I'm hoping that in another two years, fickle voters will be so sick of the Democrats messing everything up again, that we'll see a resurgence in Republican votes.

I can't understand why ANYONE would want to vote Democrat. I don't get it. I especially don't understand why any CHRISTIAN would vote Democrat. I'm not saying that Republicans are the essence of all things good, but there is at least some moral fiber in the Republican stance, whereas with the Democrats there is a moral void.

I stayed up until midnight to watch election results. I'm proud to say that Georgia came out looking a nice shade of red. I'm slowly learning names and faces of political figures here. Even the local races are interesting. I need to get my satellite radio hooked up so that I can get caught up on talk radio. CNN and CNBC made me want to go throw up last night in their utter glee at the Democrat "tsunami" -- gag, cough. Meanwhile, Fox News people tried to keep chins up!

I've got ten minutes before I need to start gathering everyone together for Wednesday night stuff at church. I love Wednesdays, with all its hubbub.

Jackie

No comments: