Wednesday, September 24, 2008

See you at the pole

This morning, I took Keri Lynn and Kristofer to the annual See You at the Pole. School kids all over the nation meet once a year at the flag pole in front of their school to pray. One of the teachers led the event. Several youth pastors came. One pastor led music. The principal was there along with a half dozen teachers. And there were at least 50-70 kids. We sang, the student president of our FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) read scripture, and we prayed. It was beautiful. I was proud to be a part of it and glad that our country has the freedom to do this.

It's so very hard to stand up for Christ in a sinful world. As I stood with the students, I prayed that they would stand up for righteousness, protect those who cannot protect themselves and seek purity.

Today, I do not have a job again. Sigh. I'm sending out resumes again. It was hard for me to deal with the fact that people weren't falling over themselves to hire me. : ) This time last year, I started making inquiries and went from one dead end to another. At least this year, I'm sort of employed with the subbing, but I really need a real job, a 9 to 5 type job. And those are pretty hard to find these days, especially in a small town. Everyone hears about the same job opportunities and everyone fills out the same applications and stands in the same lines. I think I need professional help to get a job.

Kathleen printed out some fliers and, along with Kylie and Erin, went off to get some business of their own.

The fliers read:

We are the Dog Walkers.
We will walk your dog for your set price!
Call us at _____________

They tried this little idea out in our neighborhood this weekend and within a few hours came back with $20! Good grief! Now the little entrepreneurs are dying to go spend the money!

I've been carefully keeping track of politics. To all of my homeschool buddies in California, does McCain's wife look like Kris E. or what!?!

Here in Georgia, we get to vote early -- I may just run on down to the registrar's office on Main Street and do just that. However, it's kind of fun to be in the thick of voting on Election Day. I can't believe it's almost here. Is everyone registered?

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

I'm sorry about the job. My mom is not having any luck at all finding a job. It is not a great market right now.