Monday, January 29, 2007

Laid Off

Keith went to work on Friday with two jobs and came home with one. He was laid off from his second job, the dock job, along with four other part-time guys, because there isn't enough work for everyone right now. So that means part-timers get the ax first. He gets to keep his work ID and will likely be called back in July when work starts to pick up again. In the meantime, July is -- um -- SIX MONTHS AWAY!

The positive part of Keith not working that second job is that for now we'll get to see him again throughout the week. He's missed not being with his family and we have missed not having husband and daddy around.

Today, Keri Lynn and I are suffering from colds again. Keri Lynn has been sick since returning from California. And I've been sick on again/off again for the last few weeks. I've got a big of a headache and I'm all stuffed up. I announced clean-up time for a half hour after lunch and have holed up in my warm bedroom to play on the computer for a while. Meanwhile, the mess still sits stubbornly all around the house, refusing to disappear all by itself.

It's been COLD this week. Most days, it's been in the 30s and 40s. Our house keeps bedrooms toasty warm, but the big common rooms get chilly.

We're going to have a family picture done by Olan Mills this weekend as part of our church's pictorial directory. I'm just imagining how very pathetic we're all going to look if we don't start feeling better. I've got to get on the ball, too, and cut hair. I haven't cut boys' hair in a long time. Kristofer is hoping that I'll forget, since he likes his long curly locks, but he's in for a rude surprise. Kade looks okay, but needs a little trim. It's Konner that still looks awful from a horrendous haircut Keith gave him a few months ago.

No comments: