Friday, January 19, 2007

Good-bye, HGTV

Does anyone else think January is flying by? It's all I can do to get used to writing "January", let alone "2007".

I'm taking a quick break before I go crack the whip to get our house back in order. The carpet needs to be majorly attacked by the steam cleaner. There are funky smells emanating from just about every corner. However, I'm in a hum-drum lazy mood. I really need to get back on my game.

At least this morning we got a few things done. We all went to JC Penney's and got a nice white blouse for Keri Lynn to wear to choir festival. It had the kind of cute sleeves and collar that she likes. She was very disconcerted to get the medium instead of the small. She said, "Why can't they make a size in between small and medium? This shirt is just a little too big!" Oh, the trials of teenage life! I felt really sorry for her . . . I did!

It turns out that Kristofer had a white shirt already. I just about fell over when I realized that he did. No stains, no rips . . . and it even fit. He also packed this morning instead of waiting the 15 minutes before we walked out the door. What is becoming of this world?

We got gas for $1.96 a gallon.

Then, it was off to downsize our cable. I've been meaning to get just the basic channels and save us about $34 a month, but to do so meant to disconnect the digital box and connection cable and to physically get the equipment to the office myself. And, not wanting to part with my HGTV, Discovery Channel and TLC, I was finding one excuse after another to postpone the trip. Today became the day. Now we have a mere 20 channels for our viewing pleasure. In reality, we'll probably find a lot more time in our day than we had before. I've found that I really don't watch that much TV these days anyway.

However, it was still emotionally difficult to say good-bye to some 200 other channels. So I took us all off to Taco Bell for lunch and we all felt better. : )

Now, I've got to figure out how to get Kylie to a doctor's appointment at 3:00 -- I think she has pink eye. I need to stop by an ATM to get money for the two going to festival. I've got to drop off Keri Lynn and Kristofer at 4:00 and simultaneously pick up Keva from the bus at 4:00 back at home. Um. Think I'm going to have to rework the schedule. That, and Keri Lynn really needs to get her learner's permit so that she can be on her way to driving her own car. Won't THAT be weird!

Jackie

No comments: