Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Coughs and Bills

I took myself off to the doctor this morning because my blood pressure is still too high (not terrible, but not controlled either) and I've been battling a wicked little cough. The combination is wiping me out. So the doctor whisked into the room and out in about five minutes. I've learned to spit out my complaints quickly and ask questions in between breaths! I like this doctor, but he's got too many patients, I guess.

So now I'm home with antibiotics and cough relief meds of some kind AND another blood pressure medication. I used to take three blood pressure meds, all low doses, but spread throughout the day for better medication. I was doing so well early last year, that the doctor took me off one of them. Now, I think, over time and because I've probably (gulp) gained some weight back, I need that third medication again. Sigh. Once my cough is better, it will be nose to the grindstone again for me! Time to put my Get Health Plan into action!

Meanwhile, we're all enjoying the last day of Christmas vacation. We'll start back to school tomorrow. The bus will come for Keva at the wee hours of the morning and we'll get back to regular business.

Our tree is still up, although Keva has depleted most of its bulbs. It looks like we just took down all the decorations and left the lights on, but actually it's just that Keva broke most of the bulbs. I think we'll take it down this weekend and turn it in to a facility in downtown Newnan. It's called "Take one for the Chipper." : )

I started a load of laundry to put a dent in the mountain in the laundry room. My main motivation is to have clean clothes for Keva to wear to school!

I also need to pay a bunch of bills. I wish I could hire my own accountant! I hate to pay bills. I think it has something to do with adding up all the stuff we have to pay out and make it equal to or even less (ha!) than the stuff we take in!

Konner's burn on his cheek is looking much better. Thank God! It's now a couple of scabs on his cheek. It looks like his face met the pavement in one of his many accidents. That kid will be lucky to make it to adulthood. He's on his way, though! Tomorrow, my baby will be SIX! I feel like I've got to go hug him and smooch him now while I still can!

No comments: