Friday, September 29, 2006

Time for a Nap!

So maybe having Keri Lynn take a day trip to California for her orthodontist, instead of a two day trip, was too ambitious for all of us. I didn't account for the fact that we'd be losing two good nights' rest, since we had to wake up so early and then get to bed so late. The whole point was for us not to miss too much school time, but now Keri Lynn and I are BOTH tired today I'm glad the weekend is approaching!

I let Keri Lynn and Kristofer sleep in this morning, since Kristofer needed to be babysitter while I went to go get his sister. It was weird coming back home so late and still having Keith gone. He doesn't come in until 1:45 or 2:00. Here I am dragging after my little excursion and he does this on a regular basis. What a guy!

Part of the challenge of flying standby is to try to fly when the rest of the world isn't. I usually plan flight days on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday if at all possible. If I'm gone for a visit somewhere, then we're there from two to five days usually. It's wonderful to fly free, though. And should Keith ever find a job that pays more than what his two jobs currently pay him, then we would sorely miss the flight privileges.

In fact, I'm planning a field trip for me and the kids to go visit Washington D.C. one of these days. Keri Lynn will be going there on choir tour this summer, and that got me to thinking about how we really need to take advantage of flying and go visit our nation's capital. I think we can even just fly into the airport and take mass transit in so we don't have to pay for a rental car. I checked out a bunch of books from the library about D.C.so that we can start learning more about what we'll be seeing.

Now that we're settling in to our home more, I'd like to take some time to go see the sights in Atlanta as well. We haven't been to any of the museums around here yet. There are also tons of Civil War sites. It would also be fun just to drive out a little to see the terrain. Alabama is just a county away. I think Savannah, on the east coast is about four hours away, and four to six hours away are a variety of states.

When we went to the library a few days ago, we saw a strange flag under the American flag. I pointed it out to the kids, "I think that must be the Georgia state flag," and felt pretty stupid that I hadn't noticed it before or even thought about it. We're just so used to seeing the California state flag.

I'm heading off to bed now that the bigger kids are up to catch up on some sleep. Earlier, I made pancakes to fill the hungry masses until lunch. I read the Times-Herald cover to cover which takes about 15 minutes. Kody is back in his crate after a few morning potty runs. Keva is at school. All is at peace.

No comments: