Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Season of the Steam Cleaner

I'm sorry to be boring you all to death with Kody stories, but I've been obsessed with how to take care of this dog properly.

On Wednesdays, I go to my Bible study group. I had saved some homework for the last minute, and as a result ended up running out the door a little late. I was shouting last minute instructions to kids, warning them that someone needed to take the dog out for a potty break and that he shouldn't be allowed to wander around without someone watching him, when Konner said over his breakfast bowl, "Something stinks!" My warning came too late.

Kody had done his business again. In the dining rooom. (Thanksgiving Dinner in the dining room just does NOT have much appeal these days.) And it stunk to high heaven. I was gagging on the smell, so that would tell you how bad it was -- because I almost have no sense of smell at all anymore. Keri Lynn scooped up the crime scene and I hurriedly got the steam cleaner ready with a quick flurry of instructions and then ran out the door. Gag, gag, gag!

Nothing like calmly walking into church to study God's word after leaving a scene like that!

The good news of the day is that the fence is nearly all up. All that remains is putting up the gate. The rest is all nailed in from the fence along the driveway, then where it turns down the road along the curb and then it curves again for a few feet at the back. Our yard is completely covered! The builder can now proceed with the business of selling houses!

This afternoon, though, an official looking builder guy came by to let me know that Kylie had been sighted throwing BOTTLES at one of his houses in the lot next to ours. Kristofer came over and said he had been doing it, too, so I had them apologize to him and he gave them a lecture about how they shouldn't do that. I was mortified that my kids would even go on one of the properties, let alone throw bottles around, breaking them, etc. I was furious. There are now sore rear ends and children who perhaps understand a little bit better that they are not to go onto properties that do not belong to them.

I will be leaving with Keri Lynn to the airport tomorrow morning at 5:30. Cough, cough, sputter. Supposedly, I'll be back in time to get Keva from school. Keri Lynn will be getting in at about 10:00 AM, California time, going to her ortho at 12:30, having lunch with Grandpa Stan and then returning back to the airport a few hours early for a 4:30 flight. Then, I pick her up again at 11:30 PM. Such a fun day.

No comments: