Monday, September 11, 2006

Just for Fun

1. FIRST NAME? Jackie

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? After my Dad -- Jack -- and I think after Jackie O.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Labor Day when I thought my nephew had died. Instead God delivered him from a fall out of third floor window!

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, but Mom has the best handwriting. She makes capital Ws an art form. When I was in high school, my handwriting actually slanted to the left. I think I'm a little dyslexic.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast Beef with lots of salt and mayo on white bread. Yum.

6. KIDS? Seven, ages 15 to 5. Yes, they're all mine. No, none of them are twins. Yes, it is a lot of hard work. And, yes, I know you're glad it's me and not you, but I'm not! : )

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably, but I'd have to not take it personally that I rarely called.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Of sorts -- my blog -- familydaze.blogspot.com

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Only if someone is really bugging me.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No. I did have a hernia repaired at my belly button when I was a baby. I'm a permanent "inny"

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not. I'm scared of heights, and I really don't like falling. I would go on a roller coaster in a second, though -- the biggest baddest roller coaster ever. But I would not go on any of those rides where you're dropped. I hate those. I also greatly dislike ferris wheels.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Captain Crunch. Goes back to high school days and only magnified during college. Now I sneak a little from the kids' cereal when I'm feeling feisty.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, unless I'm totally exhausted.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, but only because God is the strong One -- "He is my strong tower."

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I forget what it's called, but it's vanilla ice cream with maraschino cherries and chocolate chips. It's to die for. Add a little (okay, a great big glob of) fudge and it's probably pretty close to heaven.

16. SHOE SIZE? When I'm at my proper weight I'm at 8 1/2, and when I'm overweight it's anywhere from a 9 to and 11, depending on the shoe width. Depressing.

17. RED OR PINK? Pink on me. Red in my house. My family room is going to be red and the rest of the downstairs community areas will have red accents.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I need to lose weight. Sigh.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Dad. I would have liked to have him see his grand-kids growing up.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Of course, but I know that not everyone is a computer addict. No pressure!

21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? My cool brown cargo pants that can button up to become capri-ish and my beat up comfy sandals that I've been wearing all summer. These sandals saved me from plantar fasciitis. I will endeavor to find good replacement shoes once I've finally worn them out, but I'm worried that nothing will replace them. The last really good sandals I had were from FOUR years ago! I'm sure this is just fascinating information.

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Two sugar cookies. Shh.

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The happy sound of tapping keys and the air conditioning system graciously saving me from September humidity.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? The purplish pink color of the sky at sunset.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? Steak on the grill. (Note: Not steak on the barbecue. Barbecue is an entirely different thing here in the South. Barbecue is slow cooked meat in a pit. Although I have to say that I'm getting a taste for southern barbecue as well.)

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Keith. This is very unusual because I don't usually talk with him during the day or evening on weekends. He can't receive calls at either job, so I usually leave a message on his cell phone or just wait until late at night or until the weekend. This time, though, I needed to give him the fence update, so got him on the way to his next job.

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I like people who are naturally friendly and interested in the welfare of others.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I love June. I value her opinions and I love how she loves the Lord.

29. FAVORITE DRINK? Coke or Pepsi, doesn't matter, as long as it comes with a burger and fries.

30. FAVORITE SPORT? Not a big sports fanatic. If I had to sit through a game, I'd pick baseball. It would be even better if you let me go back in time to watch a Dodger game in the early 80s. Those were the days!

31. EYE COLOR? Brown.

32. HAT SIZE? Big! Does that same something about my personality, too? "Hey, she's got a big head!"

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, but I'm now having to wear reading glasses when I want to read anything for any length of time. This is greatly contributing to my general feelings that my whole body is falling apart. It doesn't help that my kids laugh at me when I put my glasses on.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? 1) Burger, fries and a coke 2) Steak tenderloins with mushrooms and onions at Bugaboo 3) Ribs at Texas Roadhouse or Shanes

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy Endings definitely. Scary movies are stupid. Start of scary movie: 20 people, three of which are the hero, heroine and goofy sidekick. End of scary movie: 17 people dead except for the hero, heroine and the goofy sidekick.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? I saw a stupid movie with Keith, but I can't remember what it was -- expunged it from my memory -- but the last movie I saw that I LOVED was The Lakehouse.

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Connie is going to laugh and probably a few others . . . my sweater shirt with the false t-shirt underneath that I have in four different colors. Really, I've bought some new shirts, but I'm behind in the laundry like I usually am on a Monday . . . Really!

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer until it gets to hot. Winter until it gets to cold. I like moderate climate. I think Autumn might be my favorite time of year here in Georgia.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? If I had to choose . . . kisses. Kisses from Konner who probably gives the sweetest of sweet kisses on my cheek and kisses from Keith who . . .well that would be TMI.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Haagen-daz ice cream bars . . . chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate. It should be illegal.

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Fellow computer addicts. You know who you are.

42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those who have better discipline. You know who your are, too.

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Right now I'm reading A Ticket Home. I've been enjoying going back to old favorites lately that I haven't read in years. With Keith gone in the evening, I'm not watching as much TV and have more time to read!

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It's just a boring black one.

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Didn't watch TV, I was reading and writing instead. I do think I'll watch that 9-11 thing tonight, though.

46. PETS? Kody! Our six-month-old black Lab. We've had him for a little over a week now.

47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles. I actually like quite a few Beatles songs despite my Quaker background!

48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Well, I was born in Guatemala, but that was home while I was there, so I don't think that counts. I've been as far south as El Salvador and as far west as Hawaii and as far north as Canada and as far east as Florida.

49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I like to write, crochet, teach Bible stories to little kids.

50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Guatemala City, Guatemala on Dec. 3, 1965. I expect gifts on my birthday. Just kidding! Money would be better.

3 comments:

Twilight Sky said...

Hey Mom,
Just want you to know somebody loves you!
:)

Jackie said...

Hey, Cutie Pie!
Beautiful AND smart!
I love you, too!
Mom

Jackie said...

Yes, the family of Christ is the best thing there is. I went to your blog and posted a comment. : )