Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yay for Keri Lynn!

It's a proud parent moment. Keri Lynn came back with her report card and her standing in her class of 360 juniors. She's number 13. Not too bad, I'm thinking. All of her hard work is paying off.

Kristofer is number 210 (or somewhere around there) in a class of about 650. So he's not doing fantastic, but he's not doing badly either. He's just not a good test taker. His comprehension skills are amazing, but memorizing facts and equations are just not his thing. I was talking to one of his teachers about this today after class. This teacher told me that he recently gave an open book test that Kristofer did fine on and that he probably just needs to practice taking tests. I don't know. I suspect that he will never be much of a test taker. That's okay, though. I don't require that my kids get all A's. I just require that they do their best.

I subbed at the high school today. I got sent to ISS (detention). I've never been to ISS before, ever, even when I was in high school. I worked ISS in the ninth grade building and there were only five kids there for the last period of the day. They were not allowed to talk or move around the room. Most just sat and slept at their desks. Some actually did their homework. Everyone was really quiet because the guy in charge is a taskmaster. I asked him after the period if he did this every day, and he sighed and said that he did and that he hated it. Poor guy. It must be tough being the heavy, but someone's got to do it.

Jackie

No comments: