Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stylin' Mama




Keith likes my long hair, and for several years now, I've kept my hair long even though I'd prefer a shorter cut. We kind of reached a compromise when I found a hairstyle with layers, so that I had kind of a short cut with longer hair under that, but it didn't grow much farther than my shoulder blades and was getting, in my opinion, kind of mousy looking.

So, on my birthday, while we were leisurely eating our lunch at El Charro, I said, "So, Sweetie, I would really like to cut my hair short again. Would that be all right with you?" Batted my eyelashes. Waited expectantly. Felt like Esther before the king . . .

"You sure know when to ask, don't you."

Batted my eyelashes. Waited expectantly. Felt like Esther before the king . . .

"Okay."

"Really?"

"I guess."

So today, with complete and utter approval from my husband, I finally got an opportunity to take myself off to Great Clips. Happily, I found a hairstylist who understood what I wanted and helped me decide to only have a little bit of bangs, not a bob, but lots of cool layers. I LOVE IT! I'm so thrilled with my new haircut. For all of the women reading this who care two cents -- you can tell me what you think! Of course, it will never look like today's style again, since I can never replicate the mousse and blow drying, so I captured it in pictures.

I was so pleased with my haircut, that afterward, I took myself off to Ross and bought a pair of jeans and some black dress pants to go with my Christmas sweater I wear every year.

While I was in the car, I turned on the radio and found out that tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of the year -- about 19 degrees. By morning, the wind chill factor is supposed to bring it down to a Real Feel Temperature of about 1 degree. Now that's cold! Coldest it's been in two years, says the bus driver, who I promptly called to find out if buses might be canceled. She wasn't sure but would let me know as soon as she knew anything different. She didn't even think I was some weird Southern California chick worrying about a little ice and frost!
I hope Keith stays on the road safely and doesn't come home an ice cube tonight. Ice is definitely a danger factor for commuters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! who's the suave woman on your website?

Anonymous said...

This branch of the Wings thinks your haircut looks great! Danny says it looks very Southern. He thinks you will look great while eating hush puppies.

Oz said...

The hair looks good.

I can't decide if I should risk the roads to drive to work or risk freezing to death in my basement.

Anonymous said...

I like your new hairdo. I like the way it frames your face.

Anonymous said...

Very cute haircut! I can just see you swinging your head, being "sassy." You inspired me to get my hair cut! I'll send you a photo.

Jackie said...

Holly! Please, I want to see your new sassy haircut, too!