Friday, December 15, 2006

Bump on a Log

I've been such a bump on a log lately, and having a hard time just getting the regular things done. I think mostly I'm just worried about my health. My blood pressure has been up. My weight does not go down. I need to start walking again and eating better . . . tomorrow . . . That's my trouble. I don't WANT to do any of that responsible stuff. I want to do FUN stuff and I want to EAT FUN stuff.

At any rate, I'm starting to formulate a plan for getting serious about getting healthy. More later . . .

I started working on the Christmas letter today. I think I'll address envelopes tonight while we watch the Christmas Story on TV. I know it sounds kind of dorky, but I actually love addressing envelopes. I always write the addresses out by hand and I get to think about each addressee and I feel glad that I'm sending them a little piece of Christmas, however small. But by the time I've gotten to the folding, stuffing and stamping, and Christmas is ever looming (or worse -- PAST!), that's when I get stressed out. Ugh!

I finally figured out what to do about Kade's birthday party. We'll have it on Sunday afternoon at 2:00. That's a nice time of day and not near meal time. It's not that I don't want to feed kids a meal at the birthday party. It's just next to impossible to sit six and seven-year-olds down to actually eat something. I told Kade The Plan, and he did a little jig. (He's so easy to please!)
Every year, I tell myself that I'm going to need to plan a party for Kade earlier in the month so that it's not so close to Christmas. His actual birthday is on the 19th -- poor guy. But then early in the month is probably even busier than around the 19th because of all of the Christmas parties and shopping.

Last year, the only neighbor we knew was Mac -- bless his heart! We had only been in our house for about five or six weeks. Mac was the sole guest of honor at both Kade and Konner's parties. Happily, he's coming this year, too, but won't be the only one. I'll be taking pictures and putting it on the blog which has turned into my new scrapbook.

No comments: