Monday, May 19, 2008

End of Year

I didn't take a job today in order to attend Kade's End of Year Awards Program. About 60 1st graders packed out the gym and parents swarmed in armed with cameras and camcorders. I was no exception.

Kade got certificates for P.E., Good Behavior, A/B Average and Perfect Attendance. I was very proud of him.

I'm not so proud of me, though. We've been so behind on the laundry, that he was wearing his jeans with big holes in his knees. At least his clothes were CLEAN, though, AND he was wearing socks! (Socks have been hard to come by lately!) I'm not sure if he got the breakfast off his face. And, the coup de grĂ¢ce was his hair where it stood straight up in the back. Very becoming! Ack!

After the program, I came home and I've been working like a dog ever since to get caught up on my poor neglected house. I've followed my usual pattern when we've had company. I clean like a mad woman for the hours before company comes then, the second they're out the door, I collapse on the couch in a heap and don't look at a dirty dish or item of clothing for a solid couple of weeks! Well, now it's time to pay the piper and I'm getting us all caught up with things again.

Several kids have come up to me, "Have you seen any of my underwear lately?"

My usual response is, "Do you know how to use the washing machine?"

Summer is literally around the corner for us. The last day of school is Friday. I haven't the foggiest notion what I'll do for work for the next two months. And even if I do find a job, I still have got to figure out how to take care of little kids when big kids are away and how to get us to California for a visit.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

OH, summer work! Yikes! You could start your own business. Having no work will keep you motivated to make money! Spending tons of money on cars this week has us motivated on our business.