Thursday, July 20, 2006

Warehouse Boot Camp

Here's Keva at the pool in California last week. She had such a great time watching the rest of the kids swim, but then she finally got her chance at the water park. Whoo-hoo!

This is short today as I need to go to the airport and bring Keith some stuff for his warehouse job -- mainly water and yogurt. He came home again last night looking like death warmed over. I was, and am, seriously concerned about him. Apparently, the warehouse people like to make sure that their new workers are willing to stick it out, so they don't get forklifts for a while and get the harder jobs -- warehouse boot camp. The heat is pretty bad, too, so Keith is suffering the humidity and not getting enough time to eat or drink -- thus my little trip today is to bring him a cooler with water, Gatorade and yogurt (his request) and some snacks of nuts, a little Pepsi, and anything else with high protein/carbs that I can think of. If he can survive today and tomorrow, I think he'll do okay because the following two weeks are vacation weeks from Delta. He'll have recuperation time then.

It's so strange not having the younger girls here this week. I was glad to see them yesterday, though, and I'm sure they're having a great time.

I had my walk today, doing the longer circuit. It felt good to get back into the grove that way. Keith reports that his belt has already loosened from his work at the warehouse and now I'm thinking that I better get back to being serious about losing weight myself since he's on a six hour a day massive exercise regiment!

I have to say how grateful I am to the TV show Lazy Town. Has anyone seen it? There's a cute pink girl named Stephanie and her puppet friends and their hero guy Sporticus who goes around saving people from poor health and lack of exercise. He is continually fueling his body with fruits and vegetables. He'll eat an apple and call it "Sports Candy". So Kade yesterday showed me his half-eaten apple and said that he was eating his "Sports Candy" and then went zooming off to play outside! My kids already enjoyed eating fruit before Lazy Town, but now they beg for it.

Gotta go!

No comments: