Friday, July 07, 2006

De-solve-It!

Early in the morning, before I was up, Kade decided to treat our latest ant problem with half of a spray bottle of De-Solv-It. I had to scrub the floor with dozens of paper towels, and I was none too happy about it, either. Now there's an interesting wax sheen on the floor around the bar. Thankfully, it didn't seem to have any lasting effects on the floor or wall and now our house has a nice lemony smell. It also seems to have done a pretty good job of temporarily getting rid of the ants! Go figure!

Keri Lynn and Kristofer are due home today! Yipee!

I happened to turn on the TV to Discovery Channel three days ago while I was eating lunch and there was an interesting show on Marine boot camp followed by an even more interesting show where guys were training to be Navy Seals. Each show came on for three days straight at noon and 1:00, back to back, and I watched with fascination at the physical and mental hoops the recruits went through. Did I feel like a lazy slug while I watched that? Yes! Will I completely and utterly stand agape if I ever meet a Navy Seal? Yes! Those guys were amazing in the hardships that they endured to make the cut. After watching that, I thought maybe I ought to step up my walking now from 30 to 45 minutes! I might be able to tough it out!

Our trip to California is just around the corner. We'll be at my Mom's house for dinners while we're there, Tuesday through early Saturday morning. Plans are taking shape. I would like to take one of the days -- mid day -- to meet anyone who wants to come to El Nido Park (probably Wednesday). We can bring sack lunches and watch the kids play while adults talk. Any takers?

No comments: