Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Keith left this morning for orientation for his second job that he starts tonight. He came back from orientation this morning to pick up his social security card and voter registration information -- It's voting day today! Then he went to vote and then work the remainder of his day at Delta.

It's going to be different for the Johnson household during the weekdays for awhile, that's for sure. I'm sure that a few years ago I would have protested greatly. The kids were a lot younger then and I needed a lot more energy and help from Keith to be "Mom." But today, it's a lot easier. The kids are bigger and can do for themselves a lot more and can, in fact, actually contribute to the household work. What a concept!

Today, I'm feeling the affects of travel, late nights, lots of laundry, packing and unpacking several times over . . . . I'm just a lazy slug today. But, thank God, there's tomorrow -- unless He chooses otherwise. And tomorrow I'll get back on my horse.

I went to the computer earlier today to check my email when I discovered that the Internet service was down as well as the cable. So I got the phone to call to find out what was going on, when I found out that the phone service was down, too! As it turns out, they are set up together and the cable is currently going across the street on the ground instead of under the ground and needed to be replaced. The Cable Company came almost faster than it took for me to actually get a live person on my cell phone -- which really isn't saying too much, since they put you on hold forever.

The little boys are grounded for a couple of hours this afternoon. Mac came in earlier to tell me that Kade, Konner and Brandon (one of the new neighborhood boys) had all peed right outside in front of the house. Urgh! Little boys! So I sent the three boys that were playing with Kade and Konner back to their homes and told Kade and Konner that they'd need to stay inside the house by themselves for awhile. Fortunately for their backsides, I'm LAZY today and that's all I did to address the problem.

Then I opened up a couple of cans of pork and beans for the kids to have for lunch and sat back down with my book for another couple of hours with plans to get fast food for dinner. I'm just really pathetic today, but every once in a while that's just the way it is as I recuperate! I'm thankful to have the opportunity to do so.

I'll go vote and then pick up dinner on the way home. It's great to be an American!

No comments: