I'd love to hear your 25. So if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!
1) My faith in God defines me.
2) I've been married to the same man for 20 years, and couldn't imagine being married to anyone else.
3) I have seven children, but I don't usually volunteer that information to people I have just met because of the comments that follow: "Wow, you must be very patient." "I don't know how you do it. I can't do it with my two." Or "Have you seen Jon and Kate Plus 8 or the Duggers?"
4) I was born in Guatemala to a missionary family, grew up in Central America and then when I was eight my family moved back to the States.
5) I lived in Southern California up until four years ago. The move to Georgia was a HUGE change for our family, but we really love the house and the neighborhood and our church.
6) I hate to call people on the telephone. People rarely hear from me by phone and if they do, they usually immediately think something is wrong.
7) I've never gotten a ticket. Keith, on the other hand . . .
8) After 16 years as a SAHM, I had to go back to work to help with our family income. It was either that or lose the house. If I had a choice, I'd be home again in a flash.
9) Nonetheless, the idea of becoming a special ed. teacher is exciting to me, and that's what I'm hoping to do by next fall.
10) I'm just a "little" self-absorbed. I could spend hours on my blog http:/familydaze.blogspot.com and facebook writing about myself and my family happenings. (Oh, right, I already do.)
11) I have been working on a novel for the last three years. I'm got it maybe 5% done, but it keeps my mind occupied while I'm taking a shower, blow-drying my hair, sitting at a red light, etc.
12) I love a good book and a good movie. I usually hate movies based on good books. (Like the Bourne movies -- urgh!)
13) I'm kind of a frustrated artist. I have a bunch of art books on my shelf and every once in a while I'll pull one out and try to sketch portraits.
14) I am so proud of my kids. They are amazing people that just get better and better as they grow. For all of you people with young children out there, don't believe the teenager myth. They don't have to be like that!
15) I hate housework. I'm basically lazy. Laundry is my arch enemy.
16) If I could choose the perfect vacation, I'd choose to go away with just Keith to a fancy hotel with good cable, eat out every meal, go see a movie every day, and have lots of great books on hand to read. I wouldn't matter where the hotel was.
17) It hurts to be 43.
18) I absolutely adore studying the Bible.
19) I also adore debating the Bible.
20) I am both a procrastinator and a perfectionist. Go figure.
21) I am blessed by some wonderful loyal friends, but I wish I had closer friends here in Georgia, too.
22) I love to crochet while I watch TV. I taught myself to crochet in the first years of marriage.
23) I have trouble paying bills and turning in library books on time.
24) I hate to be wrong, but my husband loves me anyway.
25) I have a can of cola in the morning instead of coffee. One can a day, that's all I ask!