Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fascinating Lists

Kids are finishing up lunch while I type up a quick note.

On Thursdays after lunch, we head off to the library. It's important for me to get to the library once a week at least, so I can renew the books I still have out and get more books! I love the library!

We're all kind of dragging today. This is very typical for Thursdays after putting out extra effort on Wednesdays for church-related things.

The beginning of the month is always a little hairy as well. I try to keep a monthly list going, so I don't overlook those things that aren't done regularly:

1) FAX homeschool attendance report

2) Pay first of the month bills

3) Put yeast packets into each of the toilets -- this is a treatment for our septic tank

4) Change heating/air filters -- I never do this, but it's on my list to remind Keith to do it. Those filters get absolutely rancid.

I'm pretty good and remembering to do the things that are done every day, but the jobs that require once a week or more attention are hard to get done. So I've tried to compile a list of things to do each day of the week to help maintain our household:

Monday: Kids vacuum rooms, clean bathrooms, we all take out waste basket trash, get all trash ready for Tuesday morning trash pick-up

Tuesday: Clean out car. (This ends up being a twice a year job -- but we're really working on making our car more presentable. There are few things more embarrassing than opening the car door and having trash fall out.)

Wednesday: I've learned to not schedule anything extra on this busy day.

Thursday: Tidy up in garage and basement

Friday: Shampoo rugs, mop floors

Keith works on the lawn and outside work over the weekend. If I need to, I usually get caught up on the laundry on the weekend. (For those of you who know me even a little bit, this means that I'm desperately trying to get caught up on laundry EVERY weekend.)

Now, wasn't that FASCINATING information!

No comments: