Saturday, April 02, 2005

Moving Day Count Down

I packed away everybody's extra clothes. All of our clothes are now in suitcases. So one would suppose that laundry would now be lessened, but that's not so! I was folding the current mountain of clean laundry when my eight year old daughter came to "help" me. She was too cute, because she'd tied on my apron and was ready to pitch in. We had some bonding, Kathleen and I, folding and talking. Being the "Woe is me" Middle Child has been hard for her. I realize that I need to give her a lot more attention than the others at this stage of her life. She likes to be physically close to me, to get a lot of affirmation. Lord help me build her up with kind loving words.

We are a quarter of the way through Little Britches by Ralph Moody. There's a whole series of books by this author. We're really enjoying it so far. What cracked me up though while I was reading last night, Kade (5 years old), told me to please pause the book while he went to the bathroom. Techno Kid.

No comments: