Monday, March 01, 2010

Out of the sick bed

I am thankfully feeling better this week after a whopper of a cold. Since Keith was working on Sunday, I opted to stay home with the kids and relax before going to the baby shower instead of going to church. This worked out well. Keri Lynn was home from college to attend the shower and needed the sleep-in time, too, I think!

At the shower, we were blessed with an abundance of diapers and wipes, baby clothes and gift cards. The food was delicious. The fellowship precious. Thank you, ladies, for such a lovely time! I am posting pictures on facebook!

Today, I'm trying to pick myself up out of the sick bed to get life back in order again. I still have a bit of a sinus headache from all of the congestion I had, but I'm definitely feeling much better. I'm not sure if I had a touch of a flu or just a cold since the symptoms came on fairly quickly and left fairly quickly, too. Usually, when I do get a cold, it sticks around for a couple of weeks. With this one, I started sneezing for a few days, felt better and then was walloped by the coughing and congestion that followed. But that lasted for two days and suddenly I was feeling better again. I'm not complaining, mind you, but it was odd that it moved in and out like that.

So far, Keegan doesn't seem to have gotten it, for which I am very grateful. He gets some congestion and and a little bit of sneezing, but it's nothing worse than what he's gotten since he was born.

Speaking of since Keegan was born, I realized, as we watched the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, that the games have taken up more than a third of Keegan's life to date! I had great interest in the games for the first week, but because the most interesting events were shown later, I got really tired! So my interest level died down into the second week. The Olympics began to drag on and on. And how must it be for Keegan when it seems that it's all that has ever been on television!

Exciting things on tap for today:

1) Laundry

2) Laundry

3) Dishes

4) Laundry

5) Attempt the excavation of my bedroom

Keith bought three sets of laundry sorters from Costco -- one for the boys, one for the girls and one for Keith and me. The kids are enjoying the novelty of these wheeled organizers. Kathleen looked a little like a hotel maid as she brought her clothes over to the laundry room yesterday.

Time to get back to work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Finn

Jackie said...

Thanks, Finn!