Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A whole month!

We moved into our little house in Kennesaw exactly one month ago! I can't believe that time has gone by so fast. I also can't believe that I've still got so many boxes to go through.

I emptied out a full container of water from the de-humidifier in the basement room where we're keeping our things. Hopefully it will be enough to keep everything dry and in good condition.

I've also been spending endless hours online looking for homeschool curriculum taught by teachers on DVD (A Beka) or Satellite (BJU). I've decided that I just can't physically teach everyone and get it done the way I want. If I've got other teachers helping present the material, I think we'll all do a lot better. This is all especially important with Keri Lynn entering high school (how can this be!) and Kade entering kindergarten (another mind-numbing thought!) Add the fact that both Kathleen and Kylie are not yet reading, and we've got problems!

Now all we need is money to pay for these programs, that run about $1000 a year per kids -- OUCH! I think I can lower the price by teaching some of the easier subjects myself and cutting back on some of the books that need to be purchased (if I go with BJU). The satellite option might not even be possible in our area with all of our rain and weather.

No comments: