Friday, June 10, 2005

Shock and Awe

I suppose I'm going through some shock right now. There's so much change going on, and sometimes I just feel numb. Life in Kennesaw, Georgia is quite different from Los Angeles.

The rain came down this afternoon for about fifteen minutes in big drops. The water immediately started evaporating in waves of steam off of the hot roads and congregating in patches of mist making everything look rather ethereal. I'm wondering what it will be like when it starts getting really hot.

Keri Lynn came in yesterday after biking and said, "Wow, it sure is muggy out there. You can even see the mug."

California girl.

Kathleen saw a bug in the bathroom that looked like the yucky one I saw down in the basement. Kristofer the Conqueror killed it, but now we're feeling a little more vulnerable. Kathleen wanted to know if those kind of bugs would go into her room and I said that they were afraid of getting squashed. I have to act completly nonchalant about it, even though inside I'm scared to death, because I don't want the kids scared. So far we've all done all right!

No comments: